Quiz 6 Answers
1. List the four key groups of people in a cooperative.
2. List six major responsibilities of the cooperative manager.
a) Implement board policy
b) Advise the board
c) Manage daily operations
d) Hire and train staff
e) Set short- and long-term tactical goals in line
with long-range plans
- Report to the board of directors
- Report to members
- represent the cooperative
(and any others instructor deems acceptable)
3. Write a short paragraph stating what you, as a cooperative
employee, would be responsible for while doing your job. (Answer should include some of the
As an employee, I would need to fully understand the cooperative, follow
the cooperative's policies and rules, respect customers and members
and treat them fairly, communicate to the best of my ability, maintain
assets and equipment, participate in community activities when possible,
and maintain my personal appearance. In addition, I would promote the cooperative,
deliver supplies, handle members' products, order and maintain inventories,
keep accurate records, recommend products and services, handle complaints
from patrons, and maintain the facilities.