The draft Wisconsin State Freight Plan is now available from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT). Enhancing freight mobility is a top priority for WisDOT. The purpose of the freight plan is to develop one cohesive vision for an integrated and multimodal freight network.
The final plan will include the following:
- Link transportation investments to economic development activities
- Place Wisconsin within a national and global context
- Engage and reflect the interests of a wide array of freight stakeholders
- Implementation—from planning to project development to programming
- Performance measures and management
The draft plan was released Sept. 29. The 45-day public comment period ends Nov. 14, 2016. Comments on the plan should be sent to email@example.com or called in to (608) 266-9476. Comments may also be mailed to WisDOT, Bureau of Planning and Economic Development, PO Box 7913, Madison, WI 53707-7913.